dip;475572 Wrote:
> I run SrvrPowerCtrl's Debian setup script and now suspend works with the
> latest beta. Thanks a lot.
>
> One small point. After waking up the server I always get the following
> empty "Now trying to execute" line in server.log.
>
> [09-10-21 22:16:12.0014] Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::Util::SystemExecCmd
> (550) Now trying to execute sudo /usr/sbin/pm-suspend
> [09-10-21 22:22:56.9270]
> Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::Watchdog::OnWakeupWatchdog (498) Wakeup Call!!
> [09-10-21 22:22:56.9278] Plugins::SrvrPowerCtrl::Util::SystemExecCmd
> (550) Now trying to execute
I'm seeing more and more issues like this one.  Where I used to be able
to test to see if a variable was defined, I now have to test to see if
it's empty too.  E.g: in 7.3.x, this code returned without trying to
execute $command if a command wasn't defined for the on-wakeup event:

Code:
--------------------

        if (!defined($command)) {
                return -1;
        }

--------------------

With 7.4, I'm finding more and more places where I have to change to:

Code:
--------------------

        if (!$command) {
                return -1;
        }

..which is probably better practice, anyway.  It just makes me nervous
because I won't have SC 7.3.x  to test with for a while yet and I'm
worried that I'm introducing a raft of bugs for SqueezeCenter.

I assume that this new behavior is because 7.4 is bringing some subtle
change to how perl is executing the code.  This is not necessarily a bad
thing.  It might force me to be a less sloppy perl programmer.

--
gharris999