gharris999;475620 Wrote:

Code:
--------------------

--------------------

> ..which is probably better practice, anyway.

I wouldn't think so. More Perlish, maybe. Better? *(!$command)* returns
true for $command = undef, $command = 0, $command = "", and who knows
what else. Maybe you simply need to initialize with *my $command =
undef;* -- then your defined() would be crystal clear. *(!$command)* is
the kind of foolishness I really dislike in loosely typed languages.

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver ContextMenu FuzzyTime KidsPlay
KitchenTimer PlayLog PowerCenter/BottleRocket SaverSwitcher
SettingsManager SleepFade StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock