antagron;606214 Wrote:
> So what *are* their priorities? If all the basics are covered, then why
> not make it go from good to great? This "we're not going to improve it
> because it's still selling" attitude isn't all that awesome.

I suspect they are into this to earn money and that means that they
won't add functionality unless they believe it will make them earn more
money. So unless someone can explain to them that better music discovery
would result in more customers, they are probably not going to
prioritize it.

antagron;606214 Wrote:

> I can tell there are logitech developers in this forum who I'm sure are
> hard at work on making things better. But how many?

I think it's around 5, not sure they all work full time on Squeezebox
stuff.

antagron;606214 Wrote:

> My wish list is pretty simple:
> 1. Easy access to my music, the way I want to access it (you're helping
> big time there, too bad about 7.6 though)
> 2. The music, once selected, plays without stutters or rebuffering
> (especially 24/96 FLAC)
> 3. Multi-zone playing works without stutters or rebuffering
>
> Quite frankly, I've had numerous issues with all 3. Those sound like
> the "basics" to me.

I completely agree, but the issue is that I've so far not found any
competing hardware player that does it better than the Squeezebox
products, at least not within the same price range.

antagron;606214 Wrote:

> It's nice they have access to Facebook and Pandora and whatnot, but
> those are bonuses, not the core of the matter.

Unfortunately, it's extras like these that makes it interesting to new
customers. I also suspect Logitech is more focused on online music and
their central servers compared to local music and Squeezebox Server.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))