nietgiftig wrote:

> I would like the server alive as long as XBMC is sending WOL packets.
>
> Or did I oversee a possibility from svrpowercontrol

You could use srvpowercontrol's blocker facility, from the xbmc machine
or from the server.
Or perhaps use the script hook you mention, and repeatedly check from
the server for the presence of say, an xbmc remote control http port.
Until it's here, stay awake; once it stopped responding, let the server
go to sleep if it wants to. I don't know if there is a timeout built
into the script call, but I'd consider using one to avoid blocking (+
piling up requests/results). And casting the active/idle sleep
assessment over a few runs results, to avoid false positives.

4 SB 3 • iPeng (iPhone + iPad) • SqueezeLite • Squeezebox Server 7.6.2
(Debian 6.0)  with plugins: CD Player, WaveInput by bpa • IRBlaster by
Gwendesign (Felix) • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris • Smart Mix
by Michael Herger • PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • Song Info, Song
Lyrics by Erland Isaksson • Just Covers by Tom Kalmijn • WeatherTime by
Martin Rehfeld • Local Player, BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
Auto Dim Display, SaverSwitcher, ContextMenu by Peter Watkins.