In a message dated 1/25/99 8:20:32 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<
 Hazeldine covered Wild and Blue BECAUSE the Mekons sang it.

 I for one, think that's pretty cool, and I'm really irked that SOME of us are
 getting snooty about knowing more arcana about some genre than some folks who
 just liked something good when they heard it, and liked it well enough to
 record it themselves. >>

but linda, "wild and blue" was a HUGE hit for john anderson, and saying so
ain't snooty. and as much as i love the meke's version, it's not irk-worthy,
either. rather, it's analagous to pointing out that nirvana, not tori amos,
first gave us "smells like teen spirit." bill f-w