Sez bill f-w:

>but linda, "wild and blue" was a HUGE hit for john anderson, and saying so
>ain't snooty. and as much as i love the meke's version, it's not
irk-worthy,
>either. rather, it's analagous to pointing out that nirvana, not tori amos,
>first gave us "smells like teen spirit." bill f-w

Working on the timeline, here, I remember hearing Cathy Irwin singing "Wild
and Blue" in her pre- and early Freakwater days.  Maybe she and Janet BB
introduced the tune to the Mekons?

And John Anderson's got funky country soul eking out his pores.  He's a
good'n.  I thought I heard from a reputable source that he's got some kind
of distant family relations to Merle *and* Lefty.  Mighta been hyperbole,
but when he sings, I listen.

Except for (shudder) "Swingin'".  I can't go there.

Kelly