Terry,

Although it is indeed exaggerating to compare them to the Louvins, the X
comparisons make sense to me.  I think these come out more when you
see them live.  They have certain sounds, harmonies, etc. that have a very
"X-like" effect in that context.  I forget which song it is, but they
sometimes cover an X number live and it sounds damn good in their version,
very true to the spirit of the original, etc.

Overall, however, I find their writing and sound pretty unique.  They are
truly not a cookie-cutter outfit and have that rare thing, a sound and
style truly their own.