In a message dated 2/18/99 12:40:54 PM Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<<  Obviously people should definitely hold on and
 seem em live this summer, when they'll be out and about.   >>

I saw them for the first time at a Waterloo instore on tuesday, and I was
impressed enough to buy the CD (on sale at $9.99). I haven't given it a lot of
listening time due to the deluge of stuff in the mail this week, but I could
tell it was good with one complete listen. There was an obvious difference in
the live and recorded performance, part of which may be due to the fact that
the album was recorded well over a year ago. I imagine they are ready to move
past that material, but with the national promo machine cranking up they will
have to live with it for a while.

The harmonies were good, but they are no Louvins. I think the comparison with
x comes from the nature of the harmonies, which I am sure some music scholar
can describe better than me. I hear a lot of lower harmony (minor 3rds?) as
opposed to high harmony, which the Louvins did. Nevertheless, I enjoyed them,
and hope to see more in the future. The banjo ruled.

Slim