BARNARD wrote:

> Although it is indeed exaggerating to compare them to the Louvins, the X
> comparisons make sense to me.  I think these come out more when you
> see them live.  They have certain sounds, harmonies, etc. that have a very
> "X-like" effect in that context.

This struck me as well, and me and JR were at the same mid-July show as I
remember.Their late October KC show was a bit more subdued and more in the
spirit and sound of the record.

>  I forget which song it is, but they
> sometimes cover an X number live and it sounds damn good in their version,
> very true to the spirit of the original, etc.

"We're Desperate". They didn't do it here in KC, and they sorta smiled when I
shouted out for it."You musta seen us before, huh?" was the guitar/banjo
player's (Rob?) comment.

> Overall, however, I find their writing and sound pretty unique.  They are
> truly not a cookie-cutter outfit and have that rare thing, a sound and
> style truly their own.

Yup. It worries me though, all the accolades and buzz about 'em here and it's
just February.
We'll have 'em cut down to size by summer I reckon, and by top ten time
they'll be forgotten.

<g>

b.s.