Because I'm in a bad mood, this whole post really pissed me off.  Can it
really be that your entire self-worth is predicated on The Gourds and what
others think of them?  That's pathetic. This is the Damnations shot.  How
petulant and prissy of you to stomp your feet and hold your breath because
the Gourds don't get mentioned everytime somebody praises the Damnations!

Lots of people consider the Damnations superior to the Gourds.  Though this
may never be comprehensible within your sad little worldview, it remains a
fact.   To sooth yourself in the face of this grave injustice is quite
natural.   It's just reprehensible to do so by minimizing a great band
and grudgingly acknowledging contributions of Deb and Amy as some sort of
footnote to the contributions of the men that surround them.  It's
disgusting and I hope a bunch of female musicians corner your ass someday
soon.

"We're Desperate"