"We're Desperate"
Rob and Debra sing it.

Just to add alittle:  I don't think Rob and Keith are getting quite
enough credit.
A lot of that 'uniqueness' comes from their end of the deal.  Rob is the
most effective and emotional guitar player I've ever seen in my life,
and I've never heard anyone say he's less than their favorite.
And Keith, damn, I just point to the difference he's made in The
Gourds.  It's pretty damn astounding.

And I honestly believe even more of it comes from Jimmy and Kev
(Gourds).
Jim wrote "Take It on Down the Line", used to be their drummer before
Keith was (he had to quit when The Gourds 'took off')--the Jimmy in
"Black Widow" is guess who?  And, of course, there would be nothing
without Big Daddy Russell.
The first gigs D-Nation ever played outside of Austin was opening for
the Gourds on a Texas swing Oct. before last (Keith played with The
Gourds and decided to join).  I have one of those shows on video,
believe it or not.

Everyone has influences.  The Gourds wouldn't be like they are without
The Bad Livers, etc.  And Amy's songs are great songs, nothing wrong
with them at all.  And she's an excellent bass player.  And they sing
beautifully.

I guess, all I'm trying to say is buy GHOST OF HALLELUJAH.  You can hear
more of that 'uniqueness' from everyone else involved except Amy and
Deborah.
I'm just freightened that The Gourds are gonna be left out of this
equation when The D-Nation hits it big.  It's time for them to drag The
Gourds along (instead of the reverse).
And don't forget Mike Nicolai, too.  Everyone (including the girls) is
all over his stuff.

--Matt Cook