Lianne made some good points about line-dancing. I still don't like it,
never will, but on the other hand, I like nothing better than to watch
Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly or Judy Garland, or whomever, dancing as
performance, without necessarily a partner. Not to mention ballet. That
stuff is amazing, when done well. This dance debate is fun, but
essentially silly, because these sort of preferences are so innately
personal that there is no reasonable objective standard to apply, without
looking like a freaking idiot. That's why the only way to engage in this
"debate" without looking like a jackass is to do it with tongue firmly
implanted in cheek. Now that I think about it, that's probably not a bad
attitude to take when arguing about music <g>. -- terry smith