Lianne says:

>There are many forms of dance, and only a few of them involve cuddling
>with your partner or flirting.  Those who define dance as only being
>those dance forms that require a partner have a very limited (and
>ignorant) view of dancing. Line dancing is similar to Broadway
>choreography, but whether or not you dance on Broadway has no bearing
>on the goodness or "badness" of line dance.  It's also similar to ethnic
folk dance.  I suppose you think that those guys dancing in "Fiddler on
>the Roof" aren't really dancing?!

It's also similar to a lot of urban Black dancing, especially that stuff
that looks even more like calisthenics than line dancing does. (Also fun to
watch. Well, I could dance like that if I *wanted* to -- I just don't
*feel* like it right now. Heh heh.)

>>The truth about LineDancing
>
>...Is that it became very popular with people who got tired of waiting
>for partners to ask them to dance.  (What a bunch of lamers, those
>"cowboys" bellied up to the bar!)

Yeah, apparently not *enough* guys want to cuddle up and play grab-ass on
the dance floor! Sheesh. (Or more likely, they *want* to dance -- they just
don't *feel* like it right now...)

--Cheryl Cline