As Carl said, underappreciated by whom is the question...

Although it was talked about here a bit, I would also think of
"Bakersfield Bound" by Hillman and Pedersen.  I was blown away by
this album and I've probably listened to it as much as any other
album this decade....  Incredible performances, a beautiful, classy,
enjoyable, memorable album for me.  Whenever I'm having trouble
deciding what to listen to, it's one of the first things I reach for.

I may just be forgetting but I don't recall it being talked about
hardly at all outside a very specialized context like P2....

--junior