I know we're done with this thread, but I can't resist:

As others have said, I wonder about the definition of underappreciated,
especially since many of my favorite records turn out to be critical faves
too (though few are big sellers). Here are some that spring to mind:

Lori Carson: Everything I Touch Runs Wild and (especially) Where It Goes
Sam Phillips: Omnipop
De La Soul: De La Soul Is Dead
Karan Casey: Songlines
Jerry Douglas: Restless on the Farm
Jones and Leva: Light Enough to Find My Way

and perhaps my number one choice for criminally underappreciated record of
the 1990s:
The Harvest Ministers: Little Dark Mansions

--Amy