On 10-Mar-2009, at 12:41, Victor Duchovni wrote:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 12:33:52PM -0600, LuKreme wrote:

Could I simply change my virtual_alias_maps definition above to
virtual_alias_domains? I don't think so. At least how this is setup, the
mysql_virtual_alias.maps.cf returns the alias (forwarding alias) of
accounts that have an alias set in postfix admin, which is (at least
technically) what hash:($config_directory/virtual returns as well.

The recommended approach for those ready to move beyond 1.1 compatible
settings is:

   virtual_alias_domains = ... explicit list of domains or tables ...
   virtual_alias_maps = ... tables ...

if the number of virtual alias domains is small (1-10) and stable,
avoid tables entirely just list them in main.cf. Yes you can rely
on the backwards compatible interface, but it is more confusing and
in many cases less efficient.

Well, "more confusing" is relative. The old way is less confusing *to me* because I'm familiar with it.

I could certainly

# grep DOMAIN virtual | awk '{print $1}'

and put that list into main.cf in a virtual_alias_domains declaration. In fact, there's probably no reason NOT to do this, as most of my domains have been moved over to mysql virtual mailboxes -- other than not being sure what other impact this might have (that is, what other settings I might need to change).

I'm willing to be convinced though, I don't foresee any reason why the number of virtual_alias_domains would ever increase.

--
Hey, how come Andrew gets to get up? If he gets up, we'll all get
        up! It'll be anarchy!