On May 6, 2009, at 12:29 AM, Rik <hlug090...@buzzhost.co.uk> wrote:

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 03:18 -0400, Aaron Wolfe wrote:
SNIP

As it stands, this list gets poorly posed or lazy questions from time
to time, usually from new users. The trend in these cases is that the
new user ends up feeling insulted.  This may well be the poster's own
fault for not respecting how this list works, but I for one am
interested in exploring ways to provide a friendlier environment (if
it can be done without degrading the high quality of this list).

I could not agree more. To the point this is the very *LAST* place I go
for help. Some list nazis are so mad about list etiquette the notion
that it is for support seems to be entirely lost on them. To me the need to insult is an indication of insecurity and a crippled mind - but that covers many in lists, usenet and the web at large. It's funny how a face to face visit and a smack in the mouth can improve their take on things

I've only been on this list a few weeks. As my previous post pointed out, I'm nothing but amazed at the level of superb support I recieved.

You guys have me scared :)

Hell, I even bottom posted on iPhone just to make sure I did not get called out. Bottom posting on iPhone being a royal pain.

I could point out some insane lists, pure evil at times. I rather like this list, though I will admit I lurked a while to be sure I knew the ettiquite.

--
Scott