-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:46:35 +0100
> Von: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <li...@xunil.at>
> An: Steve <steeeeev...@gmx.net>
> CC: postfix-users@postfix.org
> Betreff: Re: fqrdns.pcre

> We are getting quite off topic here, I assume.
> BLs aren't postfix, I know.
>
> Maybe we should continue off-list, Steve?

Yes. I will do that after responding to this mail here. Okay?

> > The concern about the slowdown is true. But I doubt that you have
> > such a high inbound volume where those additional lookups would have
> > a significant negative impact on your delivery time. On top of that I
> > assume that you run some kind of local DNS cache to speedup lookups.
>
> "Yes", twice.
>
> >> What do you think?
> >>
> > This is not okay. pbl.spamhaus.org is already included in
> > zen.spamhaus.org. So what you should do is remove pbl.spamhaus.org
> > AND sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org and replace it with zen.spamhaus.org.
>
> Which scores would you recommend?

This one is a tricky question. I can off course recommend some BLs but I will
do that in the other mail addressed directly to you. However... I want to leave
here a comment regarding that question: Never ever just blindly trust any one
to tell you what BLs to use. Never! The reason I write this is because what can
be good for me can be wrong for you and vice versa. If I can recommend
something regarding BLs then I recommend you to take recommendation but
carefully evaluate the BLs in question and make your own decisions. At the end
it is your messaging infrastructure and you should understand the impact of
using BL xyz or BL abc.

> > On top of that some data from dnsbl.njabl.org is already included in
> > zen.spamhaus.org too. Maybe you should consider replacing
> > dnsbl.njabl.org with another DNSBL?
>
> Suggestions?
>
> > And the other issue I see above is list.dsbl.org. That DNSBL is gone
> > since 2009. You should definitely remove that entry from your
> > configuration.
>
> I see. OK
>
> > Using blocklists is not something that you add once and then forget.
> > You need actively to maintain the list you use and keep an open eye
> > on BLs and see if they are still alive and remove them if they go
> > down (for whatever reason).
>
> Understood ... *sigh* ;-) I am on my way to do so ...

This is good. ;)

> Thanks, Stefan

Steve