Hi Daniel.

That was a quick reply.  Thanks a bunch.

Sorry, I got all the terminology wrong.  Thanks for the lesson, though.
Hopefully it'll stick a bit.

> Even a simple modern desktop PC can easily run (host) many server
> processes. Postfix is especially economical in this regard especially if
> configured in a trimmed-down way. Especially compared to anything in the
> Microsoft world. No need to buy new hardware.

Okay.  At least I'm not "huntin' with the wrong dog".

> http://www.postfix.org/MULTI_INSTANCE_README.html to get the background
> of multiple Postfix server processes running on one host.

Whoa.  I took a look at that and that's a bit much for me at this stage
of the came.

Do I need do it this Multi_Instace way?  Even with your explanation I
still don't understand how many PostFix servers I need to install on my
one host.  I really want to keep the bells and whistles to a minimum,
and just get to the point that, mail comes in, gets thrown away if it's
from one of those bots, has spam content or a virus, and if everything's
okay, gets delivered to my InBox.

I think I get what you're saying about servers, processes and hosts.  So
one host is good enough.  It'll have multiple processes running on it.
So how many PostFix's, or these Instances of it, do I need to install to
just get what I want to do done?

If I'm looking in the wrong places, that'd be good to know.

Thanks for your time and help.

Jeremy Alsten