On 4/8/2011 1:21 AM, jeremy.als...@imap-mail.com wrote:
If I do any of the Multiple Instance setup is there a good Document that
tells what configuration goes into what file?  Does configuration flow
down from the 1st one you setup ?  So that PostScreen configuration,
which looks to do some of the work I want done, goes into which config
file?

Thanks.  Maybe a fresh look in the morning will be good too.

Jeremy Alsten
From these questions your conceptual framework is wrong. Avoid forming bad mental frameworks that have to be torn down later. Let the advanced stuff be a pleasant fuzz. Multiple instances are more like large puzzle pieces that YOU carve out and decide how they interact. In short though they take specific ROLES: one listens on port smtp (25), one on submission...

You can 'get away' with not having postscreen for a while, because it's a qualitative thing, 'relieving pressure' in Wietse's words, pressure which depends on level of spambot attack. Even if it would help, set it aside for a while too.

I feel like I'm doing too much coaching which I'm not necessarily qualified to do, and may be a bit off-mission of the list, so...o & o.

-DB