Simon Brereton put forth on 4/8/2011 8:19 AM:

> .     Add in the postfix's native spam controls, limiting and checks

In this regard, try this out in your initial setup.  A brief description
and instructions are at the top of the file.  It's very easy to
implement--one line in main.cf.  It will stop most bot spam in lieu of
Postscreen, and may stop some spam that Postscreen doesn't.  Myself and
others here use it with good results.  The rare FP will be folks sending
you legit mail from MTAs behind consumer broadband IPs.

http://www.hardwarefreak.com/fqrdns.pcre

Now would be a good time to look into the "everything under
smtpd_recipient_restrictions" main.cf style.  This is the currently
preferred main.cf layout for most setups.  Makes things easier on you,
the OP.

> .     Then look at content filtering (spam, virus and other objectionable
> content)

I'd probably reverse the order or priority of these last two.

> .     Then look at more advanced controls like grey-listing and postscreen

I'd avoid greylisting at all costs unless all other anti bot spam
countermeasures fail.  With the combination of fqrdns.pcre, postscreen,
and the right dnsbls, you shouldn't need greylisting.  And all of these
combined checks will still be much faster and far less resource
intensive than greylisting.

--
Stan