On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 6:51 PM, Viktor Dukhovni
<postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:

>> On Feb 15, 2017, at 2:47 AM, Henry <der...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> So you are saying there is no point in securing outbound email in postfix?
>
> I am saying SSL certificates on the sending side have nothing (good)
> to do with securing outbound mail.

With this being the case what is the point of using SSL certificates
for sending? There is a long discussion on using is here however I am
not unsure of the purpose.
https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/using-lets-encrypt-certs-with-postfix/18957

If it does not secure the outbound does it in anyway help to validate
that I as the source am legitimate?

> As for whether DKIM and/or SPF will prove useful to you, that depends.
> I steer clear of both, others find them useful.
>
> I don't read most HOWTO guides, it is often hard to know whether the author
> has any clue unless you already know enough to not need the guide.

Yes the ultimate catch22 of learning. I am a novice so need to place
my faith in the guide