On 15 February 2017 at 07:58, Richard James Salts
<post...@spectralmud.org> wrote:

> On 15 February 2017 6:47:31 PM AEDT, Viktor Dukhovni
> <postfix-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
>>
>>Please do not encourage novice users to configure DMARC.  This does
>>much
>>more harm than good.  DMARC is legitimately for the few likePayPal,
>>abusively
>>for too big to fail like Yahoo

Viktor, off topic perhaps but I am interested in your downer on DMARC.
As I understand it, the point of DMARC is to prevent others from
sending fake mails that purport to come from 'me' or 'my' domain. I am
responsible for a few low-volume domains but this has happened to us,
as it probably has to most others. The global email system surely
needs a way to verify that emails are really from the purported sender
and that they have not been altered on their way to their intended
recipient, and DMARC (with DKIM, and not using p=none) offers this.
Are there better alternatives?