On 02/15/2017 02:22 AM, Dominic Raferd wrote:

Thanks for your answer.

There may be a problem between DMARC and mailing lists - I avoid
p=reject or p=quarantine on domains I use for posting to mailing
lists.

SPF proves sender identity but final recipient MTA cannot rely on it
if there are any intermediate relaying servers between it and the
originating MTA; so while SPF=pass proves sender identity, SPF=fail
proves nothing. DKIM proves content and/or header integrity but not
sender identity (false DKIM can be injected - see
http://www.zdnet.com/article/dkim-useless-or-just-disappointing/).
DMARC uses alignment to prove identity *and* integrity; it is a
solution to a fundamental problem, as I understand it.

I would hope that two different FROM fields would trigger spam filters.

I don't know that they would, but I hope that they would.

Is there a legitimate use for two different from fields?