> On 2023-08-09 07:58, Viktor Dukhovni via Postfix-users wrote:
On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 07:34:48AM +0200, Fourhundred Thecat via Postfix-users
wrote:

So that the first hop looks like this:

     by mail.xxx.yyy (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 7E011B0
     for <a...@bbb.com>; Wed,  9 Aug 2023 07:04:42 +0200 (CEST)

Try a small change:

       by mail.xxx.yyy (Postfix) with ESMTPSA id 7E011B0
       for <a...@bbb.com>; Wed,  9 Aug 2023 07:04:42 +0200 (CEST)

That is, use a hostname as the recorded "HELO" name, rather than
address-literal, and make that name be an FQDN while you're at it.

This might be enough.

thank you.

thinking about it now, could I remove the host and the IP entirely?

I have looked at what the header looks like when I send an email locally
(from mutt as user on the postfix server). And there is no hostname or
IP or localhost entry at all:

9 Aug 2023 08:36:22 +0200 (CEST)

do you think this would be OK, or does the hostname and IP (be it
localhost.local) have to be there ?