Michel Verdier via Postfix-users wrote in
 <87fs4s49y5....@free.fr>:
 |On 2023-08-09, Fourhundred Thecat via Postfix-users wrote:
 |
 |> do you think this would be OK, or does the hostname and IP (be it
 |> localhost.local) have to be there ?
 |
 |Why don't you remove completely this header in your postfix using for
 |example header_checks ? Received is frequently removed to hide internal
 |IP if you don't need to trace them.

Yeah the wonderful suggestion of this super helpful list (thanks
again!) for my setup (laptop postfix on "forbidden address" relays
to in-VPN postfix which then sends out) was

  192.0.2.1:submission inet n -   n       -       -       smtpd
          -o syslog_name=vpnsub
          -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=no
          -o
smtpd_relay_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject_unauth_destination
          -o cleanup_service_name=vpnsub_cleanup
  vpnsub_cleanup   unix  n       -       n       -       0       cleanup
          -o {header_checks=regexp:{{/^Received:/ IGNORE}}}

where 192.0.2.1 is the address where postfix listens on the VPN.
Shouldn't this be adoptable?  (Ie special "cleanup" service.)

--steffen