Ed Leafe <> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2007, at 10:05 AM, Charlie Coleman wrote:
>
>> Nope. By my definition you are not a Christian because you refuse to
>> accept God's Grace into your heart. You flat out reject there is a
>> God at all (IIRC). Of course, these are my assumptions based on past
>> dialogs and I could be wrong.
>>
>> You do good works, help others, etc. That makes you a 'good person'
>> IMO. And, in fact, if I met you on the street and saw what you do for
>> others and actually heard you refer to Christ in a positive light, I
>> may indeed say I think you are a Christian if I were asked. But then
>> if I'd have seen your other statements about being an atheist, etc,
>> I'd have to say at that point you were not a Christian.
>
>       And thus you are perfectly content to love and worship a being who
> would take someone like me and torture them for all eternity? Wow, if
> that's what your view of Christianity involves, I'm sure glad I'm not
> a part of it.

I think it's just the opposite Ed.  We are supposed to love all, and if you
agree with us then great.  If not, you are still in God's hands and that is
good enough for me.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who
    can do them absolutely no good." ---Unknown

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

11:04 AM