Neil,

You would be better not considering the Tandata Modem, as the QCONNECT
unit can connect to a standard external modem. But the serial chip in
the QCON unit had an overrun problem.

I used to run a BBS with Tandata Qconnect with a Amstrad SM2400 modem.
It did not work that well.

Then... Hermes came out, I threw the Tandata units into the bin and
connect the Amstrad SM2400 direct to the QL SER2 port and all was
great.

I upgraded the slow Amstrad SM2400 modem to a V90 US Robotics modem and
the BBS now running PBOX ran at 33600 Baud dependant on Line speeds.

So my advice is to get: Hermes Chip, SuperHermes Lite, SuperHermes

Derek