Marcel, I have the previous version of SMSQ/E at home.

Ok, A small but significant update.

Removal of the RomDisq appears to have solved things, or at
least, moved things forward.

I no longer get stuck on the 'Initialise' screen, The machine
continues to boot and im left being able to use the keyboard.

Entering Jobs gives me two jobs, the second being HOTKEY

The Boot program is pretty extensive ( 45 lines), highlights are
( there may be type errors as i need cut/paste )

TK2_EXT
WMON
LRESPR win1_exts_smsq_gold
LRESPR win1_turbo_sms_code
LRESPR win1_qpac2
LRESPR win1_menu_rext
LRESPR win1_c68_env_bin
LRESPR win1_ipcextuk_bin
LRESPR win1_c68_pth_rext
LRESPR win1_c68_redir_rext
LRESPR win1_c68_sigext_rext
DATA_USE win1_data
PROG_USE win1_progs
DEV_USE 2, win1_progs
DEV_USE 1, win1_data
SETENV "cc=win1_c68_cc"
SETENV "CFLAGS = -c -v - DQDos"
SETENV "TMP = ram1_"
SETENV "TEMP = ram1_"
SETENV "c68 = -warn =3"
SETENV "cc_path = win1_c68_"
SETENV "cc_opts= -v"
SETENV "cpp_opts = -1 win1_c68_include_"
SETENV "lib.dir = win1_c68_lib_"
SETENV "tz=GMT 0"
SETENV "TERM = Qdos"
SETENV "TERMINFO = win1_progs_terminfo"
BT_SLEEP "sysdef"
BT_SLEEP "EXEC"
BT_SLEEP "PICK"
BT_SLEEP "RJOB"
BT_SLEEP "files.";"\dwin1_",,,1
ERT HOT_WAKE (".", "Button_Pick")
ERT HOT_LOAD ("x", "win1_progs_xchange")
ERT HOT_LOAD ("e", "win1_prog_editor")
ERT HOT_LOAD ("v", "win1_progs_elvis")
HOT_GO

This HOT key... so how would i trigger this and also, when the
Aurora finished booting, i was aware of a few icons on screen with a
padlock but the mouse seems to have little effect.

Finally DIR flp1_ gives

Qubide
1007984/104800 sectors , this is the HD and not the 3.5"
so Im not able to access the 3.5" !!

also, how can i access the CD ?

Sorry for the questions, if only there was a "QL systems for Dummies
book !"

Cheers
Neil

Neil Riley wrote:
> TF Services RomDisq V2.14 @ 1997 TT
> QUBIDE/REBEL Driver v2.01 @1994-98
> Initialising

There was a bug in SMSQ/E that could cause a hang at this point. I
have fixed it in 3.03, so if you have any earlier version it might be
worth to update.

Marcel

The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient.
It may not be disclosed to or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor may
it be copied in any way. If received in error, please contact the company on
01793-715380, then delete it from your system. Please note neither the company
nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your
responsibility to scan attachments (if any) for viruses.
No contract may be concluded on behalf of the company by means of email
communications.

BC Services (UK) Limited (trading as Boxclever), Technology House,
Ampthill Road, Bedford, MK42 9QQ.  Registered No. 5290544 England

 www.boxclever.co.uk