On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:56:18AM +0000, River~~ wrote:
> Hi unman
>
> I said:
>
> > > In version 4 of Qubes, the Debian templates need a little extra
> software to run as templates for the sys-XXX Qubes. Best to is to pieced
> [typo: proceed] as if for the minimal Debian template, and apt-install
> what's needed for the three sys-XXX Qubes. Some of those packages are
> already installed but apt will just tell you so, and install the missing
> ones
> > >

> > The Debian template should be usable for sys-** qubes - it is for me,
> > and I dont think I installed anything on the default template. (although
> > I do build my own.)
> > Please detail which software you think is missing.
>
> I'm sorry that i can't be as helpful as you hope: or not right away anyway.
>
> In particular, my Debian 9 template was installed sometime early in 2019
> and therefore I cannot either confirm or counter whether issue #5123 would
> have fixed this for me: in theory it looks like it might have done. I plan
> to test this when I have time.

OK.
Since 4.0.1 (I think) 4 has shipped with the Debian-10 template, which
does work out of the box.
The debian-9 template works seamlessly as sys-net sys-firewall and
sys-usb on my thinkpads as expected.

So what you mean is that *your* Debian-9 template (updated) does not
work as a template for sys-XXX qubes on *your* hardware.
That's different.