On 17:33, Mon, 20 Jan 2020 unman <un...@thirdeyesecurity.org wrote:

> So what you mean is that *your* Debian-9 template (updated) does not
> work as a template for sys-XXX qubes on *your* hardware.
> That's different.

I think you are missing my point here. The Fedora templates do work on both
my laptops, the (older) Debian templates didn't.

My expectation, which seems reasonable to me, was that the so called "full"
Debian template would be a drop in replacement for the full Fedora one, and
in fact that expectation turns out to be false: further work is needed to
make it work in some cases, including mine.

The fact that it happens to work on some other hardware does not alter the
fact that (at the time those Debian templates were issued) they were not
drop in replacements.

The fact that other ppl have hardware that fortuitously avoids that
difference is good luck for you but does not negate my point.