On Mon, 2012-10-08 at 07:59 -0600, PATRICK MOORE wrote:

> 5. Let's leave evolution and cave men out of it. To explain Primal or
> anything else by supposing we know what our distant ancestors did is
> to attempt to explain the still-not-completely-known by the entirely
> conjectural.

Bravo!  Very well put, even for you (and you are known for well-turned
phrases).

> I personally "feel" -- that's as scientific as it gets -- that eating
> huge amounts of refined sugar, Cheetos, Little Debbie Cakes, deep
> fried Mars Bars, or synthesized "pork rinds" -- note: real pork rind
> is wonderful! -- can't be healthy. For what *that's* worth.

What is a "synthesized 'pork rind'"?  And why would anyone want to
synthesize it?  It's not like there's any kind of pork rind shortage,
only perhaps a shortage of people willing to admit they actually like
the stuff...