I think it was Taubes who said something to the effect of: if you're fat, it's
because of carbs. People who aren't fat are excluded by the first half of the
sentence, so all those rice-eating thin Chinese people need not apply. I've
never seen a fat person on the city bus snacking on bacon and eggs. It's always
pop or candy, and as Grant mentioned, there is a correlation with ethnicity.

Perhaps some overweight/obese person who doesn't eat grains, sugars, and/or
starchy veggies, will step forward, but in my experience and observation, those
people don't exist.