The Supersize Me guy was remarkable for not only eating fast food for every
meal, but for eating an extraordinary quantity of it. It seems that he likely
consumed at least 500 cal of pure sugar or HFCS for every single meal. This is
in addition to the non-sugar carbs, protein, and fat.

My Chinese buddy in grad school put some weight on during his first year in the
US. I hear McDonald's is an extravagance in China, reserved for special
occasions. Here, he was able to enjoy such opulence on a daily basis. Also, he
drank a lot of Coke.