RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

Website Promotion Made Easy!

Online Awareness is a Manchester based company who help businesses advertise
their Website on the Internet. We can promote your services using the main
online search engines; Google, Yahoo and MSN. This will increase your Web
visibility, enquiries, leads and sales.

For a FREE Website review, please contact us using the details below quoting
reference: OA/REDNEWS

Telephone: 0161 432 3669
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.online-awareness.com

****

www.rednews.co.uk
Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/index.htm

---------------------------------
[33] Pederson on tomorrow
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"We can relax and go there and work hard to get into the game"

---------------------------------
[32] Rooney's man marker in the SUN
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'JOHN TERRY ripped an England shirt from the hands of Andorra’s skipper.
England captain Terry clashed with Oscar Sonejee in an angry tunnel bust-up
after his rival had swapped shirts with Jermain Defoe.

Whinger Sonejee rapped: “It was a really ugly moment. I had Defoe’s shirt in my
hand to swap for mine. But Terry rammed into me with a really hard shove and
snatched it.”

Fuming Terry was reacting to Andorra’s play-acting and fouling during the 3-0
Euro qualifying win for Steve McClaren’s men on Wednesday.

Sonejee, who also upset England with the way he marked Wayne Rooney, added: “We
were down the tunnel. Terry took the shirt and ordered all the England players
into the dressing room.

“I was stunned. It was humiliating.

“No team has ever refused to honour the custom of exchanging shirts with us
before.”

Terry’s actions were similar to Sir Alf Ramsey’s, who refused to let his men
swap shirts with Argentina after a bitter World Cup quarter-final in 1966.

Sonejee admitted: “Our plan was to make England lose their tempers.

“Rooney loses his temper very quickly and I think that happened again.”

---------------------------------
[31] Another UEFA plan - and fans on Board
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
from Guardian

'The FA Cup winners may be rewarded with a place in the Champions League from
2009 under sweeping changes suggested for Europe's elite club competition. The
proposal, mooted at Uefa's European Club forum, could see the winner of each
country's main knockout tournament included in a new end-of-season playoff
system or even granted an automatic Champions League berth.

"A number of clubs have expressed an interest in this situation," said William
Gaillard, Uefa's communications director. "We are not against it in principle
and if this is the view of the majority there is no reason why we shouldn't do
it. The clubs that we have heard from have responded quite favourably."

Gaillard said that although discussions had so far been informal, interest had
been strongest from "a very large German club, a Spanish club and a very large
Scottish club", believed to be Bayern Munich, Barcelona and Rangers
respectively. A Football Association spokesman said the proposals would be
considered by Soho Square but any changes to the allocation of Champions League
places would depend on discussions with English football's relevant
stakeholders.
Uefa's proposal has been influenced by a belief that the top domestic cup
competitions are in need of rejuvenation and that winning a trophy such as the
FA Cup is a greater achievement than finishing in the final Champions League
position.

Gaillard confirmed that the idea would be put to Uefa's new strategic committee
in June, which in turn would make direct recommendations to the executive
committee. An official from the Premier League was of the opinion that the
proposal would attract little interest from Premiership clubs, and the Football
League was unavailable to comment.

This month Michel Platini, who was elected Uefa president with a pledge to
reduce the maximum number of Champions League entrants from a single country
from four to three, suggested that the fourth-placed teams in Europe's bigger
leagues could perhaps face one another in end-of-season play-offs and so free
up places which smaller countries would be able to take up.

Platini, meanwhile, expects to unveil plans to give supporters an official say
in running the European game by the end of this year. He will hold meetings
with supporters' clubs and associations with a view to giving them a seat on
the strategic board. "Platini is a firm believer that there is no soccer
without the fans," added Gaillard. "We are the producers and they are our
consumers."

---------------------------------
[30] Hughes on United this season
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"Putting the record straight is what has spurred them on - and this time they
made a good start."

Booking a train ticket?

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/js/101842/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('');

Red News are pleased to recommend a local marketing and design company who can
do anything from a few flyers and stationery to full marketing strategies and
stunning photography. visit:  http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk
http://www.touchmarketing.co.uk - they even offer special rates for Red News
readers.

Red News has started selling goods in its own Shop on e.bay - spread the word!

 http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/RedNewsShop

great original t-shirts  http://www.sumosam.co.uk/ http://www.sumosam.co.uk/

---------------------------------
[29] Hughes on Fergie and Europe
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"I think winning another Champions League is something he [Ferguson] feels he
would like to do. He'll enjoy winning the Premier League, which I suspect he
will do, but the Champions League will always be there for a club such as
United and I think Sir Alex will keep going until he feels he hasn't got the
energy to keep challenging for the Champions League. That's the great strength
of Sir Alex Ferguson: he's never stood still, never just banked on doing what
got him results in the past. He's always looked to the future. The way the club
is run and the players are prepared is certainly different from when I was
there. Sir Alex has always taken great pride in building and dismantling teams
and another great strength of his has always been getting the right players for
the right time, the right decade."

---------------------------------
[28] Our fitness coach gets involved with Ronaldo talk
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"United have his new contract ready with important figures and it's impossible
that he'll leave. A move to Real Madrid is completely ruled out."

---------------------------------
[27] ITV/Setanta win FA Cup rights
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
from ITV

'ITV has won the rights to broadcast the FA Cup and England's home
international football matches.

The Football Association announced that the BBC and BSkyB, which have owned the
rights for the past seven years, have been outbid by the commercial broadcaster
along with pay per view outfit Setanta Sports.

The two companies offered more than £400 million for the television rights for
four years from August 2008.

The lower-than-hoped-for licence fee settlement has capped the amount the BBC
can bid for sports rights.

Brian Barwick, the Chief Executive of the FA, said: "We are delighted to have
concluded a four-year deal with the two companies.

"It is a deal that starts from August 1, 2008 and is worth in the region of
£425million."

Winning the rights is a coup for ITV executive chairman Michael Grade, who left
his role as BBC chairman to join ITV.

He said: "ITV is pleased to be returning both the FA Cup and England games to
our viewers and advertisers.

"Our position is now substantially enhanced as the leading terrestrial
free-to-air sports broadcaster."

The move will increase ITV's football coverage, which is currently focused on
Champions League matches.

It will also add to Irish-based satellite broadcaster Setanta's growing
sporting portfolio, following its acquisition of rights to 46 live Premiership
games from next season.

The BBC is likely to be left without any live football to show on its channels
and the move will weaken the market leader Sky's dominant position.'

---------------------------------
[26] Rio Mavuba's agent
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
“We are aware of Juve’s interest, but we don’t have any confirmation of it.
However, there is something serious from sides like Chelsea and Manchester
United. He’s a good player and the fact that he started in France’s 1-0 win
over Austria last night is significant.”

---------------------------------
[25] Indy on Scouse debt
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'He might play for one of the Premiership's biggest clubs and be a European Cup
winner, but Liverpool's John Arne Riise was declared bankrupt on Wednesday in a
case that is proving a stern lesson to the current generation of
multi-millionaire footballers.

The 26-year-old is locked in a legal dispute with his former agent Einar
Baardsen and it is understood that the bankruptcy order was obtained by a
lawyer who is trying to recover fees in the region of £70,000 from Baardsen
through Riise. The bankruptcy order on Riise was obtained at Liverpool County
Court and will stay in effect for a year.

While it appears that the bankruptcy proceedings have been activated by just
one individual in a bid to recover fees, the move is the latest development in
the player's chaotic financial affairs. Riise is himself pursuing Baardsen -
who has been declared bankrupt in Norway - for around £3m that he believes he
is owed from the agent with whom he split in 2005.

Riise will be subject to the normal rules of bankruptcy that put limitations on
the amount of credit he can borrow. His long-standing case against Baardsen is
currently in the hands of Norwegian court administrators who are deciding what
assets Baardsen has to share among his creditors and, once that is completed,
the dispute between the two parties is likely to be decided in court in the
Norwegian town of Stavanger.'

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

---------------------------------
[24] Times with transfer link
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'Sir Alex Ferguson may have his hands full as Manchester United step up their
pursuit of an unprecedented second treble, but the manager is already planning
enthusiastically for next season.

Ajax are bracing themselves for a bid from United for Klaas-Jan Huntelaar,
their prolific young striker, who Ferguson is understood to have identified as
one of his main summer targets along with Owen Hargreaves, the Bayern Munich
and England midfield player, and Nani, the Sporting Lisbon winger.

Huntelaar has established himself as the new golden boy of Dutch football since
failing to make the grade at PSV Eindhoven and has already drawn favourable
comparisons to Ruud van Nistelrooy, the former United striker.'

---------------------------------
[23] Fletcher on injury return
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"My ankle feels okay but I'm still not sure when I'll be back. The good thing
is I don't need an operation.  I didn't realise how bad the injury was at
first. I collided with a Reading player as I went to block a shot and ended up
going over on my ankle. I played on for the rest of the match but when I took
my boot off afterwards it had swelled up really badly. It's frustrating to pick
up an injury at this stage of the season because you want to be involved in
every match. Hopefully that'll be the case if my rehab continues the way it's
going."

---------------------------------
[22] Hughes on Scholes, Giggs and Gary Nev
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
“It’s fantastic. More often than not in days gone by, once you got to 30 you
were history. But they’re special players, and credit to them as professionals
that they are still playing. It’s always reassuring when somebody of the
stature of Sir Alex acknowledges you are doing a decent job, and I think I am.
Sir Alex is very supportive of his ex-players trying their hand at management,
and trying to make their way in a very difficult field of work."

---------------------------------
[21] Hughes tips us
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
“I think United will win it. Chelsea will run them very close, but I sense
United have a real desire and a hunger to win the league this season, and that
will take them over the line.  They’ve been in this position before, a number
of players know what it takes at this stage of the season to win titles and
that is what will help them.”

---------------------------------
[20] Give us that Friday feeling and show your support
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
We'll keep this short as we know some tire of our long requests.

The simple fact of the matter is that though this is a free United news
service, we CAN'T SURVIVE without covering costs, let alone hoping to develop,
grow and update the site one day with your support and backing!

We hope you like what we pride ourselves on being one of the best - continually
updated by a team of volunteers and contributors - news sites for United news
on the net. As well of course as the longest serving Utd fanzine (now 20 years
old! scary!).

But unless YOU support US, Red News will not survive.  RN wishes everything ran
on free air, trust us we do. But it doesn't. And we can't. We NEED YOUR HELP to
survive. To keep providing this news day in, day out and producing our main
focus - the fanzine. We're not after a major amount, not a pint of your blood,
less in fact than a pint of beer costs a month. Ideally we'd like you to take
out a subscription if you can't buy the mag at OT. £25 for a years mag AND free
web news to boot as well as entry to our VIP Forum. That is very cheap. But
buying a mag, or using our sponsors (at the bottom of the page) helps. Our very
survival always depends on you.

We had online hits from over 60 countries recently. But subscribers in less
than 10 of those. And that just a handful of people. That's not a moan at our
foreign readership, we realise there are difficulties, we realise too that home
or abroad people will just look away now. But please take these appeals
seriously. People using us with hits on this site (where we don't get a penny
for and can cost us if we go over our quota for the month) far, far outweigh
fanzine readers who help us out.

One simple question - if we weren't around, of course you'll get United news,
but do you think it would be as substantial as RN provides - EVERY DAY?...

We love the way some of you interact with the fanzine, and site, sending
e.mails to [EMAIL PROTECTED], contributing, sending gossip, stories, info and
helping with appeals. Thanks to all our loyal supporters. Who continue to stand
by us. And it's never too join in or too late to help us!

Every little helps, nothing is too small an effort, and please understand why
we have to continually ask as we run a growing 365 a day news website news and
forum service, and fanzine, especially as more and more people use this site.
Now in their tens of thousands of online users. We are a very - and we mean
very - small operation (with hopefully a loud voice!), not run from any
headquarters, but just a bunch of United supporters providing news and comment
and giving our readers a voice.

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

Show your support.

Latest issue 134

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Subscribe to Red News, the actual printed fanzine. 10 issue offer.

Make sure you get EVERY issue of Red News, sent to your door! Thanks to our
link with the safe, simple to use and world wide massively known paypal you can
now order your 10 issue subscription to Red News via credit card - Visa,
Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - payment in pounds sterling, ordering online
from wherever you live in the world, getting the mag direct to your door for a
bargain price. Or send sterling cheque to Red News, P.o.Box 176, Manchester,
M16 8LG.

Your support by doing this keeps the mag and site afloat.

Prices are as follows, please fill in the price column online accordingly

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

To order the 10 issue sub click on

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

subscribe e.mail

donate e.mail

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

---------------------------------
[19] Giggs on us
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"All we've got to do is concentrate on winning our games, winning whatever game
comes next and the rest will look after itself. We've put ourselves in a great
position in three competitions and that's what you want to be in at this stage
of the season. We haven't been like this for a long time really so it's a great
position to be in and we need to make the most of it."

---------------------------------
[18] Giggs on Blackburn
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"Sparky's sides are well organised, hard working and they'll make it difficult
for you. In the first half of the season they weren't getting the results, but
since the turn of the year they've changed it around and they've won a lot of
games. They're on a good run at the moment, they were unbeaten in a lot of
games so we know it's going to be difficult, it always is. When Sparky took
over he made sure that they had that competitive edge to them. They all work
for each other but since then I think he's moved it on. They've got players
like Bentley, Tugay, players who are good on the ball who we'll need to look
after. He's been very successful in his short managerial career. I've seen
obviously first hand what a great job he did with Wales and he's carried that
on with Blackburn."

---------------------------------
[17] Fergie on other injuries
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"Edwin and Ole are both fit and their experience will be vital for us during
this last period of the season. Darren Fletcher has been training very well.
He's moved on to football training now having regained full fitness which is
terrific. The original prognosis wasn't great but he's doing very well now and
we expect him to be back in two weeks."

---------------------------------
[16] Fergie - Nev out for 3 weeks?
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"The swelling has only just gone down on his ankle so the injury was maybe a
bit worse than we thought in terms of the swelling. But he's been doing some
good work in the gym and I expect him to be back in the first team in three
weeks time."

---------------------------------
[15] Head to Heads
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
from BBC

'Home and away
League: Man United 38 wins, Blackburn 27, Draws 22
Prem: Man United 13 wins, Blackburn 5, Draws 7

at Man Utd only
League: Man United 23 wins, Blackburn 9, Draws 11
Prem: Man United 8 wins, Blackburn 1, Draws 3'

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-2051413-10356806

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2051413-10367483 City breaks from £99
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[14] BBC on notable stats
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'Cristiano RONALDO is United's top scorer with 18 goals. Of those 16 are in the
Premiership, which leaves the Portugal World Cup star two behind Chelsea's
Didier Drogba at the head of the race for the Barclays Golden Boot.

Ryan GIGGS is a double short of 100 League goals.

If he plays, Rio FERDINAND will be making his 450th club career appearance
(West Ham, Bournemouth, Leeds and Manchester United).

If selected in the 11, Gary NEVILLE will be making his 350th Premiership start
- all for the Red Devils.

If involved, John O'SHEA will be making his 250th appearance for an English
club (Bournemouth and Manchester United).

If he takes the field, Nemanja VIDIC will be making his 50th appearance for
Manchester United.'

---------------------------------
[13] Ref tomorrow
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
is Chris Foy

---------------------------------
[12] BBC on Blackburn
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'Blackburn winger David Bentley is suspended for the match after his red card
at West Ham two weeks ago.

Aaron Mokoena is available following his one-game ban and Ryan Nelsen is set to
return after missing the Hammers game with a hamstring injury.'

---------------------------------
[11] Giggs on Bale
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"Gareth scored a great goal, he has scored some spectacular ones already for
Southampton, and now us. He has a great left foot and, along with Jason Koumas,
was our best player. What you look for in a young player is not just ability,
but temperament. There are lots of players with ability, but you need so much
more to really make it. You need hunger and the desire to practice. You must
have the right mental approach. At a young age, he looks like he has got all
that. He must keep improving and I think he should be okay for a fine career."

---------------------------------
[10] Sportinglife on Rome
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'Manchester United fans have been warned they will be kept behind in the
Olympic Stadium for 90 minutes after the end of Wednesday's Champions League
quarter-final with Roma.
Although United have expressed reservations about the move, local police
believe it is necessary to prevent trouble between the two sets of supporters.
Mindful such a lengthy wait could cause problems amongst their own 4,000-strong
travelling contingent, United plan to show club videos on big screens inside
the stadium once the home fans have departed.
Supporters have been warned of the delay in a letter from United with has been
sent out with match tickets.
The club have also passed on more specific information warning of the dangers
of travelling independently to the stadium, advising that supporters of other
English teams have experienced major safety problems due to the violent
behaviour of the local 'ultras'.
According to the letter, of particular danger are the metro trains to the
Piazza Flaminio, the Ponte Nenni bridge and also the Campo de Fiori.
The game is the first involving a British team in Italy since Serie A was
suspended following the death of a policeman following the Sicilian derby
between Catania and Palermo in February.'

highly recommended, Andy Mitten interviews 11 famous United players for their
story

Pre-order the Harry Potter book out on July 21st, delivered directly to your
door on the day of release in the UK for £8.99

Borat with Amazon out in March

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-5042808

 http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2051413-10387791 Hotels in Manchester
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[9] Sportinglife with team news
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
'After losing so many senior men prior to this week's Euro 2008 qualifiers,
Ferguson is expected to welcome back up to four.
Paul Scholes returns from suspension, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Louis Saha
are expected to be available after knee and hamstring injuries respectively.
In addition, Edwin van der Sar should also be back in the United goal after
confirming his fitness from a recent calf injury by completing the full 90
minutes of Holland's Euro 2008 win over Slovenia on Wednesday.'

---------------------------------
[8] Giggs on title
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"We definitely can't afford to get carried away. Chelsea keep winning to put
pressure on us and I am sure it will go down to the wire because they are a
good team. They are champions and they want to keep the title, so it is not
going to be easy. But the momentum is with us and we have played really well.
We just have to keep that going. Winning late like Fulham - It is the sign of a
championship-winning side. We have done it a few times this season, certainly
more so than in the past few campaigns. It is what we used to do when we were
winning titles - there are times when you don't play well, but you hang in
there, defend well and get a positive result."

---------------------------------
[7] Hughes on replacing Fergie
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
"When Sir Alex makes the decision to leave, I'm sure there will be a hell of a
lot of applications landing on David Gill's desk. It's a fantastic job and Sir
Alex is doing it fantastically well. I want to get as far as my ability will
allow me to go if the opportunities are presented in the future. If I do a good
job here, which I think at the moment is what I am doing, we'll have to see
what happens. A big job is something all managers aspire to. I wouldn't be
fazed by any job I'm faced with. I think you have to have confidence in your
own ability, confidence in your own philosophy of how the game should be
played. It's also how you approach getting the best out of a group of players.
I've seen it work in my previous job with Wales, I've seen it work here and I
know if I was at a different club it would work. I'm very, very happy at
Blackburn. I've a good board and a good chairman, good players and I'm excited
with the squad I've built."

---------------------------------
[6] Last chance to get RN 134 at OT tomorrow. Not going? Order here instead
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
Order online, or by post, fax, or by phone.

You can now fax orders with your credit card details (name, address, number and
start/end date) on 0161 332 8267

RN 134 Out March 7th.
RN 132. Out January 13th.
RN 131. Out December 9th.
RN 130. Out November 26th.
RN 129 Out October 17th.
RN 128. Out September 17th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

Best United news service on the web... Want more? Support Red News and buy the
mag. The fanzine is published roughly once a month during the season and once
during the summer. Buying it helps this site survive and develop. And you get a
cracking read!

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

To order online using any card you use, click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red%20News%20Copy%20Single%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Copy%20Single%20Order&no_shipping=2&cn=Which%20issue%20number%3f&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red%20News%20Copy%20Single%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Copy%20Single%20Order&no_shipping=2&cn=Which%20issue%20number%3f&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

You can now fax orders with your credit card details (name, address, number and
start/end date) on 44-16-1332-8267

you can order any of the items for sale on RN by cheque (sterling, made payable
to Red News), to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG

or put your order - cheque only - in an envelope and hand to a RN seller
selling Red News on a matchday.

NB*** We can also process your order over the phone. Send us your phone number
and order details to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Subscribe to Red News. And you get in our VIP Forum for a year.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red%20News%2010%20issue%20subscription&item_number=Red%20News%2010%20issue%20subscription&no_shipping=2&cn=Start%20from%20which%20number%3f&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Donation&no_shipping=0&tax=0&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Donation&no_shipping=0&tax=0&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

any questions, contact us at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[5] Blackburn squad
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
Friedel, Emerton, Henchoz, Khizanishvili, Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Berner,
Mokoena, Tugay, Dunn, Pedersen, McCarthy, Roberts, Nonda, Brown, Derbyshire,
Gallagher.

Bentley is suspended

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-2051413-10295995 Have a Free £25 bet on totesport
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[4] United People CD
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
United People CD - United music for just £5.99 inc p&p in UK!

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Price just £5.99 inc p&p UK
£7.99 ROW inc p&p

you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo - via Red
News and the safe, secure paypal.

Enter product code UtdPeopcd

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Boylie%27s+CD+or+tape&item_number=Boyle&cn=CD+or+tape+-+Please+state&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[3] BBC on finances
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
Manchester United have been named the most valuable team in the world, by
Forbes business magazine.

United (£740m) retained top spot ahead of Real Madrid (£528m) and third-placed
Arsenal (£466m) who nipped ahead of AC Milan, with Chelsea (£274m) in eighth.
Barcelona's Ronaldinho (£15.2m) leapfrogged David Beckham (£14.8m) to become
the highest earning footballer.

However, Beckham's lucrative move to Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy was not
taken into account.

Five of the players in the richest players' list ply their trade in the
Premiership - Wayne Rooney, Michael Ballack, Thierry Henry, John Terry and
Steven Gerrard.

United no longer command the largest yearly revenues, with their £158m
surpassed by Real Madrid (£191m), Barcelona (£169m) and Juventus (£164m).

Forbes' most valuable football clubs:

1 Man Utd £740m
2 Real Madrid £528m
3 Arsenal £466m
4 Bayern Munich £427m
5 AC Milan £420m
6 Juventus £289m
7 Inter Milan £282m
8 Chelsea £274m
9 Barcelona £273m
10 Schalke 04 £240m
11 Liverpool £231m
12 Lyon £175m
13 Newcastle £132m
14 Tottenham £124m
15 Roma £114m
16 Hamburg £112m
17 Man City £106m
18 B Dortmund £101m
19 Ajax £100m
20 Celtic £94m

Highest-earning players :
1 Ronaldinho (Barcelona) £15.2m
2 David Beckham (Real Madrid) £14.8m
3 Ronaldo (AC Milan) £11.7m
4 Wayne Rooney (Man Utd) £8.7m
5 Michael Ballack (Chelsea) £8.7m
6 Thierry Henry (Arsenal) £8.2m
7 Zinedine Zidane (ex-Real Madrid) £8.2m
8 Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid) £7.6m
9 John Terry (Chelsea) £7.1m
10 Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) £7.1m

---------------------------------
[2] More Real talk
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:
Real Madrid's Sporting Director on Ronaldo and AC Milan's Kaka

"Who would not want to go for these two footballers? Any big team in the world
would want them, but there has to be good planning. They are two great
footballers who would surely do very well for us, but we know they have
contracts and we know they do not have buy-out clauses. We know that much
depends on the will of the players and the clubs where they play. There is the
need to try and get one, or both to come here because they will help us achieve
our objectives, but also you need to know that there will need to be many
negotiations to bring them here. If he wants to come and Madrid want him and if
Manchester United say he can go, then it would happen straight away. But I
think that sooner or later Kaka, like Cristiano Ronaldo, will end up playing at
Real Madrid because this is the most important club in the world and any player
wants to come here."

Important club in the world? Didn't Bayern beat you last Round in Europe?

---------------------------------
[1] 1878 Shirts
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, March 30, 2007 by ed:

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

You can now fax orders with your credit card details (name, address, number and
start/end date) on 44-16-1332-8267

Shirts now at just £24.99 inc p&p!

100% unofficial Short Sleeve 100% cotton, high quality shirts.

Option 1 - RNT64 Old style crest

1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of 1968 ECF style crest. HIGHEST QUALITY.

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Please specify
SIZE when ordering.

Click on <http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm for badge detail

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!
(Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the price column and product code
online accordingly.

Prod. Code: 1878ringer or RNT64

Option 2 - RNT65 - Phoenix Crest

Manchester, 1878 WITH full Hand made Embroidery of Phoenix style crest. HIGHEST
QUALITY.

ONLY £24.99 including postage and packing!

Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large and X-X-Large sizes. Please specify
SIZE when ordering.

Click on  http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm for badge detail

Price: £24.99 inc. p&p in UK. (Europe add £2 / ROW add £4) - please fill in the
price column and product code online accordingly.

Prod. Code: Phoenix or RNT65

You can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or Solo. Or by
post at Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Just mark the product code and shirt size when ordering below.

To fit chest:
S       36" (length 27 inches width one side 18 inches)
M       40" (length 28.5 inches width one side 19 inches)
L       42" (length 28.5 inches width one side 20.5 inches)
XL      44" (length 29.5 inches width one side 22 inches)
XXL     50"

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Click on to order via paypal below

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red%20News%20Shirt&no_shipping=2&cn=State%20product%20code%20and%20size&currency_code=GBP&lc=GB&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=Red%20News%20Shirt&no_shipping=2&cn=State%20product%20code%20and%20size&currency_code=GBP&lc=GB&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

You can also order by phone or fax. E.mail us your phone number to - [EMAIL
PROTECTED]

The shopper has the right to cancel within seven days of their contract with
us, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If the
shopper does cancel their order, they will have their payment returned and we
will outline the procedures they must follow to return their goods or services.
These follow the guidelines of The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling)
Regulations 2000.

---------------------------------
[29] SKY on Park
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2007 by ed:
'Park Ji-sung admits his priority is winning the Premiership with Manchester
United this season.

The Red Devils are chasing success on three fronts, having also reached the
quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League and semi-finals of the FA Cup.

With a six-point advantage over Chelsea in the title race, reclaiming the
Premiership is currently the team's best chance of a trophy.

And Park, who has scored on his last three Premiership starts, feels winning
the league is the prime target.

"Personally, my number one target is the Premier League," Park told the South
Korean media.

The former PSV Eindhoven midfielder, though, is refusing to dismiss the
prospect of United repeating their 1999 Treble feat.

With Roma to face in the Champions League, and Watford the opponents in the FA
Cup, Park feels three trophies are not beyond the team.

He added: "It is possible for us to get the results to succeed in all
competitions.

"I have had a similar experience in the Netherlands.

"Even if we have bad results, we have to bounce back quickly and concentrate on
the next game."

---------------------------------
[28] Roma Day Trip from Manchester. £259
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2007 by ed:
Champion Sports Travel
Office: 2a Sir Matt Busby Way
Tel: 0161 282 - 1966

---------------------------------
[27] Help the Red Cross at the Great Manchester Run
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2007 by ed:
Get a guaranteed place for the Great Manchester Run!  Join the world’s fastest
growing 10km run, as part of the British Red Cross team.  Whether you want to
run the race competitively, or join the fun runners and our group of friendly
mascots, the event is great fun for all.  You’ll have to be quick though… the
closing date for entries is next Wednesday 4th April!!!

By running for the Red Cross, you will be given a Red Cross running vest, and
be offered full support for your fundraising.  We will also invite all runners
to a pre-race exhibition for refreshments and to leave baggage, etc.  After the
race all runners and supporters are welcome to the Pitcher and Piano in
Manchester for a celebratory BBQ and photograph!

For more information and a registration form please contact Jo Allott on 0161
888 8915 or email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

---------------------------------
[26] Larsson on his website
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2007 by ed:
'My last match for Man United against Middlesbrough was a little bit sad
because it's always difficult to leave guys that have become friends and who
you've enjoyed working with.

I knew it was coming and I knew from the start that if United got through the
FA Cup rounds that my last game would be on March 10, so I was prepared for it.
Having said that, it was difficult because they are a great bunch of lads and
everything about my time at the club was fantastic.

The club itself, the players, the fans and the gaffer have all gone beyond what
I could have hoped for. I was only there for 10 weeks but I felt I developed a
good relationship with the fans. They have been supportive of the team and me
and you can't ask for more than that.

I'm really happy that the United fans understood my game and what I try to do
for the team. I know that I might not always be as exciting to watch as some
players who have all the skills and trickery, because I don't have that in my
locker. I'll never be like a Ronaldinho or Cristiano Ronaldo who can do amazing
things with the ball.

But I like to think that I can offer something else to the team in terms of
making the right runs, offering options and bringing other players into the
game. My movement off the ball is quite decent and I will always give 100 per
cent for the team. I might not always achieve everything I set out to do in a
match but my effort will always be there.

I will take away a lot of things from my time at United and one of them will be
the impression of a club that is so well organised that nothing is left to
chance. Nothing is taken for granted and the club will help the players with
absolutely anything. You are made to feel part of the most professional set-up.
The training facilities are second to none.

There are a lot of great players at United and it would be wrong to single out
individuals who I particularly enjoyed playing alongside. The fact is that I
enjoyed playing with all of them, because they are a great bunch of lads and
they are all great footballers.

I have been in a few dressing rooms in my career and I can say that the
atmosphere at United is as good as any I've known. There is a fantastic spirit
and great banter. That is probably what I will miss the most simply because
I've enjoyed being a part of that family of players.

I've said before that I believe United are capable of winning anything they are
competing for because they have talent all over the park and throughout the
squad. There is the right balance of youth and experience and even young guys
like Wayne and Cristiano have been at the club for three or four years. In
Wayne and Cristiano they have the two most exciting players in world football.

You have fantastic players like Scholes, Solskjaar, Giggs and Neville who have
all the experience in the world and younger guys like Carrick, Vidic and Heinze
who are great players and will only get better. You can see them growing and
their potential is phenomenal.

In Sir Alex Ferguson United have a fantastic coach and manager. He's done it
all and when he speaks you listen. He has so much experience and such a love of
the game that he keeps bringing something new and exciting to the club.

His passion is amazing and it just keeps him going on and on. That sort of
passion for football and for the club will help him continue for as long as he
wants to stay and that can only be good for the club. I can see him carrying on
for ages and improving United all the time. It's been a real honour and joy to
work with him.

Playing in the English Premiership has been a great experience. The Premiership
is special and I think it and the Spanish are the two best leagues in Europe.
There are a lot of good and very skilful players, good teams and I think its
style suits me well.

I played for years in Scotland and there are definite similarities so I knew
some of what to expect. It's obviously a very strong competition and although
the standard throughout the league isn't the same, even some of the less
successful sides can be very dangerous.

It's strange, because although I have always admired English football it wasn't
a league I thought I would regret not having played in. I wasn't worried about
missing out on playing in the Premiership but now, having had the chance, I'm
really pleased it came along. It has actually been a greater experience than I
imagined. It's a great league and very exciting.

I'm also convinced that Celtic would not only survive but would do a decent job
in the Premiership. Like I've said, I believe the English league is up there
with the Spanish as the two best in Europe and my experience at Parkhead makes
me sure Celtic are good enough to play at that level and do well. Of that I
have no doubt.

I think I performed reasonably well in the games I played, but I didn't go to
the Premiership in order to prove anything. I have played at the highest level
with Feyennord, Celtic, Barcelona and Sweden and I've never felt I had to prove
anything to anyone. I have played at the top and if people questioned whether I
could perform in this league or any other that was their business. I went there
because I got the chance to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world and
with some of the best footballers around.

I think, though, that it's been a one-off. I can't imagine doing something like
this again. Obviously you can never say never, but this happened to come along
at the right time for everybody and it worked. It took a bit of effort on the
part of a number of people but it went the right way. You can never say it
would work a second time or the circumstances would be right.

I've had the most fantastic time, but now I'm back with my family in Sweden and
looking forward to the start of the new Swedish season and a new challenge.'

---------------------------------
[25] Be careful out there
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, March 29, 2007 by ed:
from the BBC

'A group of Middlesbrough football fans are continuing their fight for justice
over the treatment of supporters at a Uefa Cup match in Rome.
They claim that police stood by when three fans were stabbed at the 2006 clash
with Roma, and that personal items confiscated were not returned.
On Wednesday, the European Parliament told North East MEP Stephen Hughes that a
select committee would investigate.
No response has yet been received from the Italian authorities.
Trouble flared ahead of the 15 March game when gangs targeted English fans
Peter Green, whose son was stabbed, said Italian police failed to take a
statement from his injured son and had not investigated the incident.
Cleveland Police Authority chairman Dave McLuckie, who was also at the match,
said more than 3,000 supporters were caught up in violence at some stage.
Speaking on Thursday he said: "There's absolutely no record of any injuries
being kept by police.
"It's as though they didn't happen - you cannot find a single record of any fan
being seriously injured and that tells me that somewhere down the line the
police have not done their job. "We were treated like animals the whole time we
were there. It was appalling. An apology is very important for the vast
majority of fans who travelled to Rome." He welcomed the announcement that the
European Parliament would be investigating, adding that supporters were not
willing to let the matter rest. '

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/436053/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=443&a=608750&g=436053
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/196059/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=443&a=608750&g=196059
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');