Andreas Kostyrka wrote:
> > >- BackSpace not working in X11 (try netscape for this.) What kind
> > >  of keyboards do you use at RH?
> >
> > My backspace key works just fine in X (and in Netscape).  I've got a
> > generic PS/2 keyboard, nothing special.
>
> Hmmm, perhaps this is something special with german keyboards, or so,
> but I always have to "add echo 'keycode 22 = BackSpace' | xmodmap -"
> to Xsession :(

Well, to make your keyboard work properly in X, *you* must tell X what
kind of keyboard it is. RedHat won't do this for you. If you're not
using a 101-key US keyboard, don't use it's mapping. The most common
cause I've seen for this is when people call a 104-key "Microsoft Win95
enhanced" keyboard a standard 101-key keyboard. I haven't investigated
why this screws the Backspace mapping, but it does.

Regards,
 Brandt