Otto Haliburton wrote:

>What I'm saying is that we know what the problem is and that is GRUB
>can't find the .conf file period.  Your solution lies in getting GRUB to
>find the .conf file.

  Well I'm not so sure about that.. whenever GRUB doesn't find it's grub.conf file,
it just enters it's CLI mode from where you can do things manually. This is not the
problem.
  I've had the same situation happen to me with LILO, when I first installed RH,
, and one fine day for no reason at all it happened to GRUB too.. I fixed it with
grub-install /dev/hda, but always wondered how could GRUB be so unstable. This is
the kind of problem that happens for no reason at all and will make a regular user
lose his mind.. wish I could help more;

--
Herculano de Lima Einloft Neto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>