At 5/6/2002 06:03 PM -0600, you wrote:
>At 5/6/2002 04:53 PM -0700, you wrote:
>> >Mirroring daily seriously increases the bandwidth drain on the mirror
>> >servers
>>
>>It wouldn't, if more of them supported rsync!  I'm surprised that so few
>>do.

Also note that people who mirror the updates, instead of using something
like up2date, end up downloading a *TON* of stuff they don't need. For
example, GNOME users get all the KDE packages and vice versa; command-line
users get all the X stuff; and so on. This kind of problem *drastically*
increases the volume of stuff downloaded and hence the load on mirrors, and
is independent of and unaffected by the technology used to do the actual
file transfer.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz