At 5/6/2002 04:53 PM -0700, you wrote:
> >Mirroring daily seriously increases the bandwidth drain on the mirror
> >servers
>
>It wouldn't, if more of them supported rsync!  I'm surprised that so few
>do.

rsync is a beautiful thing. However, many mirrors are small sites, doing
their best to cooperate. I used to run a mirror (and did support rsync) but
the sheer volume of connections pretty much drowned me out. :-( It was hard
to support any real downloads when my server had an average of 100 rsync
connections active at any time...

So again, one way or another courtesy in downloading is a necessary thing.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz