On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 13:45, Mark C wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-07-26 at 17:25, Skeeve Stevens wrote:
> >
> > Sick of dumb questions? Are you an guru who wants to talk to other
> > gurus?
>
> I know this will start a flame war, but where do you actually come off
> on deciding what is dumb and what is not dumb, just because you happen
> to have a RHCE?

I agree :)

I think the best course of action for people who really want to hear
fewer "dumb" questions (or just fewer of the same ones) would be to
start writing and updating documentation.  A lot of questions get asked
over and over, and an up-to-date FAQ would probably be a shorter
response than repeatedly posting the same information, and inevitably
giving less than all of the relevant information.

None of that is to say that a guru's list isn't necessary or good.
Advanced configurations of services are sometimes beyond the best of
us.  I figure, however, that educating the masses is probably a goal
that would be ignored by some, which is typical American behavior:
sacrificing the future for the sake of the now. :(