Do you really need to encode your "normal" tone when user is not
talking?  Seems like it would be way simpler and goof proof to use a
single tone for both purposes.  If your user wants to hear the ID,
function tones or whatever he could just listen in carrier squelch.

73's Skip WB6YMH
--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Rusty Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> So I am hearing yes and no.  I would be using an outboard encoder
for one of the two, and the VXR-7000's built in encoder for the other.
 I guess since it is not an obvious "yes" then it may or may not work,
and it may or may not work on each user's individual radio.  I need to
avoid that situation, it needs to either work or I won't use it.

>   Maybe as a side question, can you run two CTCSS tones at the same
time, if they are far enough apart in frequency?  Currently I have a
123.0hz tone on our repeater, and I need to also encode a tone only
when a user is actually transmitting, for linking purposes.  I do not
care what the frequency of this other tone is, as long as it wont
interfere with the 123.0hz tone.