>   Maybe as a side question, can you run two CTCSS tones at the same
time, if they are far enough apart in frequency?
>   Rusty Coleman
>   KU4ZS

I spent several hours one afternoon trying that, and it worked, but
only with certain radios.  With the IC2350 that I was using for decode
and testing that day, I had to go up above 162.2 cycles, and the
relative deviation of the two tones (the other was 94.8) was critical
too, although I don't remember the details of it all right now.

As stated, it worked with my Icom, but my VX5 handheld would not work
on either tone, and other various radios would not work either.  Gave
up on it...

Laryn K8TVZ