I think that either way, it's up to the individual
receiver as to how well it operates, if at all. I'd
suggest that you don't do it rather than risk some
radios working and some not.

You could run two CTCSS tones, but beware of the sum
and difference frequencies. If the difference happens
to be near another CTCSS tone frequency, you'll get
falsing on that frequency as well. Also, the sum will
probably be above 300 Hz, thus becoming quite audible
and noticeable by most users. Do you want all the
complaints too?

Bob M.
======
--- Rusty Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So I am hearing yes and no.  I would be using an
> outboard encoder for one of the two, and the
> VXR-7000's built in encoder for the other.  I guess
> since it is not an obvious "yes" then it may or may
> not work, and it may or may not work on each user's
> individual radio.  I need to avoid that situation,
> it needs to either work or I won't use it.
>
>   Maybe as a side question, can you run two CTCSS
> tones at the same time, if they are far enough apart
> in frequency?  Currently I have a 123.0hz tone on
> our repeater, and I need to also encode a tone only
> when a user is actually transmitting, for linking
> purposes.  I do not care what the frequency of this
> other tone is, as long as it wont interfere with the
> 123.0hz tone.
>

>   Thanks
>   Rusty Coleman
>   KU4ZS
>
> Jim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   WD7F - John in Tucson wrote:
> > Tell us how, please. I ended up using PL and DPL
> but not at the same time.
> > The Kenwood's community panel allows multiple PLs
> and crossover as required
> > but only one can be used at a time. Another quirk
> is that the repeater must
> > drop before it will respond to a different PL or
> DPL input.
> >
> > So, how did you go about simultaneous PL/DPL?
> >

> It definitely does require 2 encoders-one of each.
>
> --
> Jim Barbour
> WD8CHL

FareChase.