That's what I figured, I'm starting to get used to this thing called 'nix ;)

I started copying files this morning, but I didn't do it the exact way
you said. most notable difference is that the automation has been
running the whole time, so it is reading /var/snd. I did tell everyone
not to try to add anything to the system though, and there is nothing I
can think of that should be automatically adding files, no dropboxes
getting filled or RDCatch events.

It seems to be working, about an hour to go until it's done copying,
then I guess we'll see....

ok wait, I read your post again, i can do the copy, but then stop
everything to do the update?

at any point do i need to do anything on the remote workstations to
"refresh" them to the new /var/snd? i assume no because it must be doing
some refr4eshing anyway to see new files....

Thanks

Nathaniel C. Steele
Assistant Chief Engineer/Technical Director
WTRM-FM / TheCrossFM