From: David Frenkel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 1:43 PM
To: 'WEDi/SNIP ID & Routing'
Subject: FYI - Statistical info

This is an article from Computerworld Magazine email.  It would be
interesting to get this type of organization involved in these
discussions.

By LUCAS MEARIAN
(March 25, 2002)
Less than a year after it spent about $10 million to consolidate its
storage-area network infrastructure, one of the nation's largest
Medicare carriers says that it's beginning to reap a full return on its
investment and has saved an additional 40% on its hardware costs.

Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corp. (WPS) processes about
369,000 claims each day for Medicare and military insurance accounts. In
recent years, the Madison, Wis.-based insurer has added Illinois,
Michigan and Minnesota to its Medicare rolls, which in turn has led to a
leap in annual claims, from the $840 million it was processing in 1997
to a little more than $7 billion last year.

Regards,

David Frenkel
Business Development
GEFEG USA