Elizabeth McGurty wrote in post #1176321:
> That's not really very nice: "Finally someone with some sensible
> suggestion
> - whew - "
>
> Folks stick their neck (name) out here to make suggestions...

Sorry you didn't like that. Believe me I'm not that-a-ways either.

Read the whole thread. I've been here days trying to get "someone with
some ideas of what I could/should try just point me in the right
direction". I'm not asking them for a step-by-step what to do - just
where to start looking? What'm I doing wrong? Is that too much to ask on
this forum?

And all I get is guys telling me that I don't know what I'm doing and
need to hire someone to do it. When I ask if anyone's willing - no one
is! Then they say I don't have enough knowledge to get the task done -
why'd I be on a forum "asking questions" if I did have the knowledge.

I'm part of many forums - where I do help people - been doing it for
years - and I've even given some examples of what kinda stuff I'd
expect. Ok. Not a youtube video answering my (yes I agree fairly complex
requirement)questions... But gimme a break - I gotta get the job done,
don't need to learn the whole science behind RoR - Just need to get
working code (agreed legacy one) - up and running!!!

Is it too much to ask? On a forum for RoR?

So yes, that was really the first sensible answer. The rest were all the
"you gotta master the technology and know it all" before you can get it
up and running - kind. Not very useful see - to a lowly SysAdmin -
trying to get the stuff "just up and running" for the team of
programmers to take over and work on it - from there.

Long answer - Yes.... Apologies if I upset anyone.... But Man am I
pi**ed!!!!