On 07/06/2015 01:49 AM, OPSPL Goan wrote:
Colin Law wrote in post #1176179:
On 6 July 2015 at 09:23, OPSPL Goan <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
Yes, the plan is to get it off any of the platforms. Host it on a clean
Linux-Ruby-Rails Server. Virtual for that itself.

It's closed-source. Stuff owned by the people we're doing it for. So
well, Looks like we'll have to upgrade it to Rails 4. And I'll have to
find someone to do it. Know anyone who can try?
Get it working on the existing version of Rails first.  Then upgrade it.

Colin
I totally agree Colin. But how....? That's the question. Nothing I do is
working. Any pointers?

I have a fully set-up Ubuntu 14 LTS Server here. With Ruby/rails/etc.
Total. But it just don't like the code....

Goan.

If I were doing the job I would first get it running in my system with rails 2.3.18 (the last rails 2 version) and then upgrade it. The easiest way to get it running with rails 2.3.18 would be to install a 10.4 LTS system (which is of the same vintage) then install rubygems (probably version 1.4) then 'gem install rails --version 2.3.18' and then 'rake gems:install' in your app directory. Take a look at Agile Rails edition 2 for help. After you have it running and all of the tests running you are ready to explore upgrading.

JMHO
Norm