On Monday, 6 July 2015 12:21:53 UTC-4, Ruby-Forum.com User wrote:

> > No. There is no substitute for understanding Ruby and Rails enough
> > to work through whatever is going on. Without a certain baseline level
> > of knowledge you're just spinning your wheels, as shown above.
> >
> > Sorry.
> >

> Y'know Hassan,
>
> I've worked with computers and IT for as long as I can remember - and
> that's a long time. Mostly with Windows (of late) and had my fair share
> of other OSs too - from DOS & Unix to Linux.... But it's at times like
> these that I know why I really prefer M$ Products...
>
> If it was some noob asking me the same questions, I'd have been able to
> point her/him to something lke this -->
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPK9MGjhbhI and hope for the best. And
> they probably would have stumbled around and found their way. Maybe even
> been able to get it up and running :-)
>
> You kinda guys with your cryptic answers is what makes it all the more
> difficult. Obviously I'm looking for some silver bullet. And there is I
> know. Not been around so long that everything's gotta be done the hard
> way see. So anyways....

There is a silver bullet. LEARN HOW TO USE THE THING, OR HIRE SOMEBODY WHO
KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING. Expecting people to help you when you don't
understand what you're fiddling with is like standing beside your car with
a flat tire and demanding a "silver bullet" to make up for your lack of a
wrench and a jack.

> Thanx for the help. Your confidence in the ability of others to figure
> out stuff they don't yet know is applaudable. I'm headed off this forum.
> Back to where I can figure it out with people that don't need to make
> every set-up into a "trial by fire - rite of passage"... Thanx.
>
> And Colin, sincere thanks you did try. But maybe in future - if you
> thought more like M$, it'd make the world a better place. There is a
> quick and fast (and yes dirty) way to get stuff going. Not everything's
> gotta be perfect and "As it should be" see...

BTW, I've got a Windows 1.0 app that I need to recompile for Windows 10. I
need you to tell me the "silver bullet" to make all the compilation errors
go away. It doesn't need to be "as it should be", but a way SURELY exists,
right?

--Matt Jones