On Feb 27, 1:58 pm, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 1:36 PM, mabshoff <mabsh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

<SNIP>

> > Two points:
>
> >  * just don't call it Sage
>
> I won't.

I did not expect you to do that :)

> >  * what license do you want to use for the code from the local/bin
> > repo in Sage? The code in that area is not BSD compatible.
>
> GPL2+.
>
> I will use BSD for code that I write, unless I am forced otherwise. I
> think as long as my code runs standalone,

I assume you will have an spkg that contains your BSD licensed code,
but just uses some bits of the Sage building system to build it. That
is perfectly legal and does not cause any issues with the GPL.

>  I can use BSD and when I
> include one package that bundles everything, I will just use GPL2+ and
> I should be fine.

Yes, absolutely. I just wanted to make sure no one slabbed BSD license
headers on top of scripts I have significantly contributed to without
asking (and I did not think of you in that case, but there are other
people in your project).

> Ondrej

Cheers,

Michael