>> I will use BSD for code that I write, unless I am forced otherwise. I
>> think as long as my code runs standalone,
>
> I assume you will have an spkg that contains your BSD licensed code,
> but just uses some bits of the Sage building system to build it. That
> is perfectly legal and does not cause any issues with the GPL.

Either that, or if I put it into spkg, it can be gpl, I don't care,
because spkgs will be used in Sage that is GPL. What I care is that my
programs can be used as BSD if someone wants (e.g. without Sage).

>>  I can use BSD and when I
>> include one package that bundles everything, I will just use GPL2+ and
>> I should be fine.
>
> Yes, absolutely. I just wanted to make sure no one slabbed BSD license
> headers on top of scripts I have significantly contributed to without
> asking (and I did not think of you in that case, but there are other
> people in your project).

As Brian said, we don't do such things. Besides it's not even my way
of thinking to change somebody's mind, so if I use your work, I use it
under the conditions that you set. If I don't like it, I will have to
use somebody's else work or do the work myself.

Ondrej